Friday, August 10, 2012
As for specific types of shoes to wear with specific styles of pants, here are a few
Wear your khakis with...
1. For a classic look, wear your khakis with a pair of loafers to achieve traditional American business style. Another sure bet are simple oxfords.
2. For a preppy look, wear khakis with a slick pair of penny loafers.
Wear your 4-pocket pants and dress pants with...
1. For a more casual look, step into a handsome pair of monk strap shoes; their subtle buckle will give you a refined European look.
2. For the typical American businessman look, wear your dress pants with a pair of loafers or oxfords.
3. More casual 4-pocket pants can be paired with loafers or dress boots.
Wear your suits with...
1. Solid color: Every man should own a pair of black leather cap-toe lace-up oxfords; they're a staple in any professional wardrobe.
2. Pinstripe: Pinstripes evoke a sharper and bolder air; you don't want to compromise it with stuffy or clunky looking shoes. Instead, opt for a black wing-tip brogue, a lower heeled version of the traditional oxford that is distinct by virtue of its decorative perforations.
3. Trendy: Finally, ankle boots with a square or elongated pointy toe are riding high if you're seeking up-to-the-minute style.